Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Phone Review: HTC Evo V 4G

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2012/05/jrv11dsc03317-1336506866.jpg
Random picture of the HTC Evo V 4G I found. I guess enGadget owns it or something.

Hello, viewers! My dad just got the HTC Evo V 4G like a few weeks ago on Virgin Mobile. It's pretty good so far.  So let's begin by talking about the design

Design
The design of the Evo is very nice, with the textured back and the perfect bevel. Although it is a little bit difficult to pop off the back cover, it still works well for my dad, because he only uses the battery the phone came with. The buttons are nice, stainless steel I believe for the camera switch and button. The cool thing about this phone is that it has this awesome 3D Camera. I would only recommend using the 3D Camera if you have close access to a charger, because it drains the battery like crazy. The phone is just about the right size for my hands, and I'd say my hands are pretty small, seeing as I'm only 12 years old. But anyways, the phone feels pretty good in the hand, especially with the nice grippy back, so I'd say the design is great.

User Experience
This phone runs Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, so it has access to like all the apps in the Play Store. As I said before, the camera is great in 3D mode, but beware of battery drain. speaking of battery, this phone is for light users. My dad charges his phone like every 2-3 days I think, and he's a light user. So if you're a heavy phone user, maybe you should go and get the iPhone or Samsung Galaxy S3 or the Razr Maxx. So yeah, on full charge, the phone lasts for 4 hours, I believe, on Wifi. The screen resolution is pretty good, so playing games on it is pretty fun. Also, it has a great processor, and while playing some games like Running Fred, I did not encounter any skipped frames, and it was actually quite smooth. I also found the 4G to be very quick, but in many places there was no service for 4G. That's Virgin Mobile for you. 3G, same case. As for the GPS, I never got to try it, because it took so long to load, probably more then 10 minutes. o it would be best not to depend on the GPS only for navigating, or you'll be in a pretty tight spot.


http://www.clipartguide.com/_named_clipart_images/0060-0808-2813-3930_Cartoon_of_a_Man_Who_Was_Just_Fired_Clip_Art_clipart_image.jpghttp://www.carclipart.com/free_car_clipart/red_cartoon_car_drawing_0521-1006-2812-3424_SMU.jpg

Especially if you panic like this fired man.

So now we'll sum it up...

Pros:
-Nice design
Nice grippy back and just the right size

-Nice Camera
The 3D camera makes taking photos on this fun.

-Has ICS
You can get any app you want on this phone!

-Has removable back cover
You can buy and replace the battery easily

Cons:
-Not so great battery
The battery can't even last a day for heavy users.

I would fully recommend this phone to people who mostly make calls and text.

Thank you for reading, and I'll see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment